Just what is River of Life all about?
That is a great question, and one that we are excited to answer.
Our vision for River of Life is simple.
We exist to Reach Up,
Reach Out, and
These three are the biblical mandates of the local church.
Our Slogan...Intentionally Bringing Heaven to Earth:
- Reach Up
- We work hard to provide an exciting and God-honoring environment for worship. When we worship God, we express our love and devotion to Him. What an honor it is to humbly come before the Heavenly Father in worship. All of us are wired for worship, and the only way we can express true love to God and worship Him is through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. River of Life is careful to provide many opportunities where we as believers can release our worship and adoration for our King.
- Another key vision of River of Life is to reach out to people who are outside the family of God. Every day, we rub shoulders with people who are just an invite away from a life-changing encounter with Christ. Invite your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers to attend ROL so they will hear and understand what it means to be a follower of Christ.
- We also exist to help you as a Christ-follower to grow in your spiritual maturity and become passionate followers of Christ. Because the Christian life is one of constant change, growth and development; we are focused on providing Biblical principles that can be applied to every day life. We want to help you move from a spectator in the stands to a player on the field. Many of our ministries here at River are designed to help you as a believer mature in your relationship with God and become equipped and empowered to change the world around you.
We believe that we are ambassadors of Heaven and it is part of our commission from God to release the Kingdom of God in the earth. When Jesus taught us how to pray, He said we should declare, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven." We believe that God wants the realities and essence of Heaven to be the realities and essence here on earth as well. There is no lack in Heaven. There is no sickness in Heaven. There is no wounded soul in Heaven.
Our Core Values:
1. We Act in Audacious Faith
In order to touch our region with revival fire, we can’t think small. We will set impossible goals, take bold steps of faith and watch God move.
2. We are a Generation of Honor
We freely give honor to those above us, beside us and under us because of the calling and potential God has placed inside of them.
3. We will Lead the Way in Generosity
Our staff and church will go above and beyond to give sacrificially to the work of God.
4. We are a United Family
The Greek word for family is "Oikos." At ROL we believe that we are a family - not just an organization. We will love one another just as Christ loved us. We will aggressively defend our unity as the family of God and the Body of Christ.
5. We are a Kingdom Outpost:
We believe that we are representatives of the Kingdom of God, working to enlarge and establish that Kingdom in the earth. We are called the "Ekklesia" of God. We are seated in Heavenly places with Him and we are called to release His Goodness.
6. Our God is in a Good Mood!:
We believe that we serve a loving and positive Heavenly Father, who does not have a bad attitude, but is always full on love, joy, peace, tenderness, and goodness. We walk in the assurance of the goodness of God and our faith is enacted out of that assurance.
7. We can!:
We believe in the Scripture promise that says, "I can do all things through Jesus Christ, who gives me strength." We do not believe that our rural setting limits us in any way. We do not believe that we are too small to shine big. We are determined to release the revival fire of God into our city and region. We can because the Almighty God lives inside of us and gives us the strength, ability, and anointng to do so.
- There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Creator and Redeemer of all that is. He is perfectly holy, just, loving and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self- existent - one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him, yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death and judgment entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, and is God's Anointed One, empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God's Kingdom on earth. He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected and ascended into heaven, and is now alive today, in the presence of God the Father and in His people. He is "true God" and "true man."
- We are saved by God's grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing and receiving Jesus as their Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit, convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as we enter the Kingdom of God as His sons and daughters.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live holy and minister super-naturally. The baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4 is poured out on believers that they might have power to be witnesses.
- The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy - sin, lies, sickness and torment.
- The Church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. He gave His church the ordinances of Baptism and Communion. The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching and living the good news of God's love, disciple the nations, baptizing and teaching them to love and obey God.
- In the ever increasing government of God and in the Blessed Hope, which is the glorious visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ for His overcoming bride - His church. Heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting death.
Our Leadership Style:
At River of Life we have a senior leadership team made up of four pastors: Pastor Jeff Reuter, Pastor Mark Nelson. These twopastors co-lead our church together. Because we two senior leaders who share the preaching and teaching responsibilities of the church, we have two unique and distinct flavors that are released each month into our house. Each leader has slightly different passions but both of them are united under one vision and goal. This is truly a blessing to our house as each leader is able to release the passion that the Lord has given them.
River of Life Christian Fellowship is affiliated with the South Dakota District of the Assemblies of God, as well as, with the General Council of the Assemblies of God in Springfield, MO. We are also part of the Global Legacy Network of churches through Bethel Church in Redding California.
Our Name Change:
About six years ago, River of Life changed it's name from Madison Assembly of God to River of Life Christian Fellowship. Many people have asked us why we changed our name. The answer is simple. We wanted a name that was easy to understand and we wanted a name that gave out hope to everyone who came across it. Our previous name told people what our denomination was, but it did not tell them what our local church was like. We are still an Assembly of God Church and are very thankful to God for our affiliation. We believe that God wants to release a River of Life in our community and region.
Why a "River?:"
- A river is constantly in motion. It does not sit still. It does not grow stagnant.
- A river receives fresh water and releases fresh water.
- A river nourishes the environment around it.
- A river is constantly changing.
- A river changes the world around it. It carves new pathways.
- A river is a conduit. It takes things that are far away and brings them near.